MAP Wellness

MAP Wellness
Spreading the Health

Friday, September 7, 2012

Maca-Java Smoothie





MACA-Java Smoothie

I have been logging a ton of hours trying to get my wellness business off the ground.  Thank goodness for afternoon naps and evenings of yoga as it’s all I can do to keep the stress from building a home in my trapezius muscles, and my head screwed on straight!

What else do I do to keep anxiety at bay?  Well I run.  I read.  I cook.  But I also enjoy a good ‘ol power smoothie to start the day off right, and this little gem is not only tasty, but functional to boot, thanks to the fibre and protein packed  chia seeds, the healthy fat of avocado, and the caramel-y smooth addition of maca root powder:

·         2-5 dates depending on your level of sweet tooth
·         1 T maca root powder
·         1 t cinnamon
·         1 C almond milk
·         1 C freshly brewed coffee, cooled
·         1 T chia seeds
·         ½ t vanilla
·         ½ avocado

Why MACA?  Well, maca root is an adaptogen, or a substance that assists in keeping up with the body's natural rhythms to help rebuild weak immune systems, re-mineralize poorly nourished bodies, and increase energy and endurance.  Maca has also been known to help improve mood and reduce the symptoms of anxiety or fear.

Speaking of FEAR, have you checked out my latest non-food related article about “fear of greatness”?  You can read me here: http://livingkitchenwellness.com/blog/2012/09/04/are-you-afraid-of-greatness/

Happy blending, and be well!




No comments:

Post a Comment