MAP Wellness

MAP Wellness
Spreading the Health

Friday, August 22, 2014

Kombucha-Aged Cheeze, Please!

















(originally published for One Green Planet)

One of my fave ways to make my cheeze, and eat it too, is the following recipe. It uses a technique I learned while training as raw food un-cook, and I make it almost weekly these days. I have actually snuck this awesome spread onto a platter alongside brie, goat, and blue cheese, with no one the wiser that my contribution was in fact of the plant-based variety! So why not give it a go, and see if you and your loved ones can't taste the difference!

Gourmet Dairy Free Cheese

Ingredients

  • 1 cup raw cashews
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 raw Kombucha tea (I brew my own, learn how!)
  • 1 T fresh lemon juice
  • 1 t sea salt
  • 2 T fresh herbs of choice (I like basil & rosemary)

Preparation

  1. In high powered blender or food processor, add all ingredients and process until a smooth, ricotta-cheese like consistency is reached.
  2. Using a spatula, scoop mixture into a strainer bag/nut milk bag and tighten bag around the cheese, forming a solid ball.
  3. Place the ball & bag into a bowl, and drizzle a little more Kombucha over top.
  4. Cover with a towel and leave on the counter overnight, and up to 3 days to “ripen”.
  5. Check cheese often to test flavor and ferment. Once happy, eat it!

Notes

Store in the fridge up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment